Holding Better Professional and Educational Opportunities
All Keynotes & Workshops are available in Live/in-Person & Virtual formats
Book Steve to speak to your team about his inspiring experience with leadership, self-improvement, and improving the world – one project at a time.
Introducing Steve's speaking & education services
This page provides an overview of:
- Steve’s Most Requested Topics
- Speaking Videos
- What Others Are Saying
- What You Can Expect
Steve is a leadership Speaker, Coach & Consultant who can help you become a better leader.
He pushes audiences with facts, humour, and battlefield tested common sense that they can implement immediately and you get results.
If you want to check his availability for your event, or if you have some questions before proceeding further, please click Steve@StevenArmstrong.ca or call 403.701.3752 (Yes This a direct number)
My Most Requested Topics
Steve speak’s on topics related to Leadership, leading through Crises & Disasters, Project Leadership, and the human factor of being a boss.
He can customize any presentation to meet your organization’s specific needs.
His goal is to facilitate the outcome you want to create.
Steve’s most requested topics include the following as a keynote or a workshop.
It has been a crazy and bonkers world, yet I believe the future of project management is bright, and there will be a strong demand for people who can deliver results in the post-pandemic reality.
In the post-COVID reality, the virtual leadership of teams and remote workplace management will not go away.
Project Management will move from what some executives see as an administrative function towards a strategic business partnership.
Successful Project Managers have been shifting towards the emphasis on ‘soft’ competencies for years. A shift that will be even more critical as the future of work is leap-frogging decades at a time into the future.
Project managers will need to become ‘exceedingly human’ as they respond to these changes. As such, they will need to connect with others using skills like:
- Empathy and Listening
- Strategic thinking
- Motivation and persuasion
Project Management will have to evolve to meet the needs of today’s workplace problems. We’re facing the kinds of evolution we see at work because the nature of the work itself demands it.
Efficiency is more than having the right process. It is the capacity of the team – not merely the project manager. One person’s ability to do everything, lead increasingly complex work, and solve difficult problems almost daily is becoming too much.
I believe my three-pack program will best support people in becoming the leaders they need to succeed in their profession.
The three-pack includes:
A Personalized Organizational Health Assessment for their Team (a $49 value per assessment)
Project Management Leadership by being Exceedingly Human Workshop for Project Managers (a $4,500 value for the in-person workshop)
A 45-minute one-on-one follow-up session with each participant (a $250 value per individual session)
Leading from the front is a profoundly human endeavour, not a technical one.
Being exceedingly human will build healthy organizations that can surpass all other business disciplines to create the greatest opportunity for improvement and competitive advantage.
The first and most critical step in a healthy organization is creating a cohesive leadership team that is committed to do the ongoing work of developing and maintaining a high-performing team.
For most people, leadership is not a natural talent – it is a learned art.
Leader, author, and speaker, Steve Armstrong reveals practical, hands-on leadership advice and skills learned as a soldier and humanitarian.
If we are looking for larger than life heroes, we misunderstand what leadership is. In my experience, ordinary people rise to the occasion in turbulent and trying circumstances.
- Leaders Are Made, Not Born
- Leaders Manage Their Emotions
- Leaders Respond Rather Than React
- Leaders are Resilient people who can come from anywhere.
Discover these learning outcomes:
- How to ensure everyone knows how they fit into the mission
- How to apply proven Project Management skills to the most complex situations
- How to succeed by delegating responsibility with the requisite authority
Steve has video footage of his presentations, podcast interviews and vlogs.
These video segments offer a small sample of Steve in action and to preview his presentation style and content.
Simply click on the YouTube icon on the video’s thumbnail image to activate the video.
Hear Steve tell the story of managing his worst project … EVER!
Steve talks about being cold & miserable and getting people to work through Trust & Faith
Steve explored how ‘Data Lied’ during the Slave Lake Wildfires
Steve is interviewed by Dave Taylor of QR770
Steve is interviewed by Hugh Culver
Steve is interviewed by Jade Roberts
The Essential Leadership Skills Needed To Catapult Your Career
A Ship With Out A Captain – Steve discusses a client who doesn’t want to accept responsibility as the boss!
In A Crisis Throw Your Communications Plan In The Garbage – Start Talking
What You Can Expect
- Prompt, professional replies to your phone calls and email messages.
- A personal phone consultation with Steve well in advance of your event, so better understand how he can best serve you and your audience.
- An announcement about your event on Steve’s blog and social media channels. (This assumes that your event is open to the public and you want additional visibility for it.)
- A professionally prepared, dynamically delivered presentation focused on achieving the outcomes you want with your audience.
- A custom resource page, exclusively created for your attendees. It will include the presentation’s slide-deck; a copy of Steve’s book (You Can’t Lead From Behind); and, links to books, articles, and other helpful resources.
- A quick follow-up communication after the event, to make sure your expectations were met.
What Results Do You Want?
Contact Steve with this form