Holding Better Professional and Educational Opportunities
All Keynotes & Workshops are available in Live/in-Person & Virtual formats
Book Steve to speak to your team about his inspiring experience with leadership, self-improvement, and improving the world – one project at a time.
Introducing Steve's speaking & education services
This page provides an overview of:
- Steve’s Most Requested Topics
- Speaking Videos
- What Others Are Saying
- What You Can Expect
Steve is a leadership Speaker, Coach & Consultant who can help you become a better leader.
He pushes audiences with facts, humour, and battlefield tested common sense that they can implement immediately and you get results.
If you want to check his availability for your event, or if you have some questions before proceeding further, please click Steve@StevenArmstrong.ca or call 403.701.3752 (Yes This a direct number)
My Most Requested Topics
Steve speak’s on topics related to Leadership, leading through Crises & Disasters, Project Leadership, and the human factor of being a boss.
He can customize any presentation to meet your organization’s specific needs.
His goal is to facilitate the outcome you want to create.
Steve’s most requested topics include the following as a keynote or a workshop.
Leading from the front is a profoundly human endeavour, not a technical one.
Being exceedingly human will build healthy organizations that can surpass all other business disciplines to create the greatest opportunity for improvement and competitive advantage.
The first and most critical step in a healthy organization is creating a cohesive leadership team that is committed to do the ongoing work of developing and maintaining a high-performing team.
For most people, leadership is not a natural talent – it is a learned art.
Leader, author, and speaker, Steve Armstrong reveals practical, hands-on leadership advice and skills learned as a soldier and humanitarian.
If we are looking for larger than life heroes, we misunderstand what leadership is. In my experience, ordinary people rise to the occasion in turbulent and trying circumstances.
- Leaders Are Made, Not Born
- Leaders Manage Their Emotions
- Leaders Respond Rather Than React
- Leaders are Resilient people who can come from anywhere.
Discover these learning outcomes:
- How to ensure everyone knows how they fit into the mission
- How to apply proven Project Management skills to the most complex situations
- How to succeed by delegating responsibility with the requisite authority
WHAT WILL WE BE TALKING ABOUT – Pauline Greenidge (Upward HR) & I are hosting an interactive session on how to have authentic, uncomfortable, productive, and safe conversations about race in your workplace:
WE WILL SET THE STAGE – What’s current context, the world of work has been changing, technology, globalization, demographics, etc. The Canadian context. More need to cooperate, collaborate and create efficiencies.
Why is this important in the workplace? We need to understand each other and be human with one another. We may be unintentionally sharing bias because we don’t know enough about race, cultural differences, etc.
We will be discussing 2 scenarios to help you understand what the problem is:
- What happens when you witness racism
- What do micro-aggressions look and sound like
WHAT’S THE SOLUTION – Have a better understanding about race in the workplace
- How to have a thoughtful dialogue with empathy and kindness that lead to resolution
- How to use curiosity to become more aware
- How to be aware of your biases
- How to remove assumptions
CALL TO ACTION – people will make mistakes and be human – we aren’t expected to be perfect. Here are things you can do to impact this in your organization
Steve has video footage of his presentations, podcast interviews and vlogs.
These video segments offer a small sample of Steve in action and to preview his presentation style and content.
Simply click on the YouTube icon on the video’s thumbnail image to activate the video.
Hear Steve tell the story of managing his worst project … EVER!
Steve talks about being cold & miserable and getting people to work through Trust & Faith
Steve explored how ‘Data Lied’ during the Slave Lake Wildfires
Steve is interviewed by Dave Taylor of QR770
Steve is interviewed by Hugh Culver
Steve is interviewed by Jade Roberts
The Essential Leadership Skills Needed To Catapult Your Career
A Ship With Out A Captain – Steve discusses a client who doesn’t want to accept responsibility as the boss!
In A Crisis Throw Your Communications Plan In The Garbage – Start Talking
What You Can Expect
- Prompt, professional replies to your phone calls and email messages.
- A personal phone consultation with Steve well in advance of your event, so better understand how he can best serve you and your audience.
- An announcement about your event on Steve’s blog and social media channels. (This assumes that your event is open to the public and you want additional visibility for it.)
- A professionally prepared, dynamically delivered presentation focused on achieving the outcomes you want with your audience.
- A custom resource page, exclusively created for your attendees. It will include the presentation’s slide-deck; a copy of Steve’s book (You Can’t Lead From Behind); and, links to books, articles, and other helpful resources.
- A quick follow-up communication after the event, to make sure your expectations were met.
What Results Do You Want?
Contact Steve with this form